[TowerTalk] Resonance of loaded Parasitic Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Resonance of loaded Parasitic Elements
From: gm3poi@btinternet.com (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:01:14 -0000
Kevin,
The way I did it was to first design a 2el Mono on the PC at my operating
height of 100ft and then check the resonant frequency of both the driven and
reflector at the PC. Then bring the height either down to a practical height
horizontally or vertical and again check for the change in resonance of each
element.
     You can then take each of your loaded elements and tune them to those
frequencies (making a break in the centre of the reflector works for this
element).
Then raise your antenna to its operating height and away you go, Mine worked
straight off and required no tuning. 73 Clive GM3POI