[TowerTalk] rebar cages

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rebar cages
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. Kincade)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:00:44 -0500
Couldn't figure out a consistent way to put all the 90 degree bends in, so I
went with weldable #4 rebar and cut it with a skil saw and cutoff wheel. No
big deal, but I did use up three cutoff wheels at about $2 each. My cages
are all welded. Probably better to bend them, but I don't expect my anchors
to come apart anytime soon - they are in 2/3 cubic yard of 3000 psi mix,
with rebar every 12" all directions. One is sitting entirely in sandrock,
and the hole for that one took 2 days with a rented jackhammer. If they come
out, that one will come out last. :-)
73, Jerry W5KP