[TowerTalk] Rooftop tower question.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rooftop tower question.
From: htodd@twofifty.com (Hisashi T Fujinaka)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
After hemming and hawing about putting a rooftop tower up, I'm still
hemming and hawing. But in the mean time I'm about to put up a Rohn roof
mount tripod on the garage. (Less to damage there.) It will have a 4BTV
for now, and other verticals later. I was also thinking about putting a
quad up there to fiddle with, since it's closer to the ground.

Anyone have any experience with Rohn tripods? Would I be better off
putting up a four leg mount like the Glen Martin for the quad?

Keep in mind I'll be putting up spindly and cheap antennas until I get a
real job again. Stupid high-tech slump.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte