[TowerTalk] guy wires

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guy wires
From: w5kp@swbell.net (J. Kincade)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:46:40 -0500
Actually, I believe the book calls for E&E vs E&J if you are using equalizer
plates. At least that's what I did with my 80' 45G I just finished putting
up. If a guy did use the E&J, the J would have to go on the high end with
the pin going through the thimble on the big grip. Don't think it would all
fit between the eq plates the other way. BTW, that's one more thing that can
come unscrewed or be messed with by a vandal, so I'd swap my TB's for the
E&E type if I were you. Then some locktite (super version that requires
torch heat to remove) on the eq plate bolts makes it a bit more bulletproof
for those of us who are slightly paranoid where our towers are concerned. I
used the big 9/16" thimbles (my guys are mostly Philly) and they were easy
to install if you bend one leg sideways while the other side is clamped in a
vise, then slip it into the eye and bend her back straight. I used a short
chunk of 1" water pipe for leverage, worked great.
73, Jerry W5KP