[TowerTalk] Dipping with 259B and such

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipping with 259B and such
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:51:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/01 10:41:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
howk2@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 How about some suggestions for a grid dipper adequate for amateur use. There
 appears to be limited choices.

 Howard M. Klein, K2HK
 DXCC Honor Roll
 362 Confirmed Countries
 A1 Operators' Club

 >In my opinion, there is NO "better way" to build a dip meter with an
 >antenna analyzer. The sensitivity will never be good.

 >If you want a dip meter, buy a real dip meter. It will work a lot better.
 >73, Tom W8JI
 >W8JI@contesting.com

The Millens are still around in the flea markets as is the Boonton that is
ever more sensitive.  The TTer who supplied the circuit for the MFJ indicates
it has greater sensitivity.  I plan to try it.  How can anyone say it doesn't
work without trying it?  k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----