[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] C4 vs C4s

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] C4 vs C4s
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:08:44 +0200
> VE6YC posted:
>
> >Many have stated that the longer boom has a narrower beam
> >width, and better F/B:
>
> <snip>
>
> I believe the difference in performance is wider bandwidth on 28 Mc
> (not SWR but gain or F/B, as a result of the extra element which
> differentiates the standard model from the -S).
>
> 73, VR2BrettGraham

The double sleeve on 10m is useful to broaden the bandwith that is
smaller when using a director. Inherently, the double sleve has
neglectable effects on gain and F/B.
What helps (a bit) with a director is the effective boom lenght
(electrically) that in the specific band (10) is longer.
This slight benefit occurs because all the metal behind (mainly 15m and
20m reflectors) helps also on 10m like an unoptimized reflector.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----