[TowerTalk] Calibrating the MFJ 259B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Calibrating the MFJ 259B
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:14:28 -0700
Hi Gents,

My 259B needs some "minor" calibration for the "R" readings.
At a known good "pure" resistive load of 50 ohms, "R" reads 46.
I understand, per some TT threads that a precision test fixture is
required for "precise" calibration, but for now, I would like to at
least be in the ball park for say 8 ohms to 60 ohms at zero reactance.

Can anyone shed some light on the calibration procedures?

73,
Charlie, N0TT