[TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is it worth it to move 2El Quad from 50ft to 100ft?????
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:39:39 -0600
The BEST idea is to have one antenna at 40 to 50 ft
and another as high as possible (or stacks for each band).

There is NO such thing as ONE  Optimum Height
for all times of the day, all seasons of the year,
all levels of sunspot activity, and all path lengths,
in spite of the never ending universal quest for same.

NO  SINGLE  ANTENNA Height will cover ALL the angles
supported by the ionosphere.  A low antenna at 1/2
the height of the high antenna will fill in the NULL of
the higher antenna pattern.

(How many times have I preached this sermon now?)

Tom  N4KG