[TowerTalk] 2El Broadside/Endfire dimensions please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2El Broadside/Endfire dimensions please
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:22:56 -0400
Years ago I built a 2m (144MHz)mobile  2 element, broadside/endfire array
for my car.
It helped me get into distant repeaters from the College parking lot, so I
could get into repeaters
100 miles away and talk to "home". I estimated 4-5dB of gain, but sometimes
it really did 'seem' like more.

I've since lost the CQ magazine I got those details from (around 1989 I
think).

I am thinking of trying something similar again, but this time for the 6m
band (and for the car).
Ie: if car was parked facing north, I would want the 2el vertical "array" to
either beam N-S or E-W.

Does anyone know of a URL they can point me to? (for any band, I can scale
it)
Can I use 1/4WL radiators?
DEtails of phasing lines?
Spacings?