[TowerTalk] Stuck Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stuck Elements
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod - Idaho)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:19:19 -0700
If you don't like all that sticky residue try using carbonated water
(Perrier is overkill). The active ingredient in the Coke is carbonic acid
which forms from the CO2 dissolved (and ionizing) in water. Since it is a
very weak acid it probably will not react too rapidly with the material and
cause a problem after the joint is separated.

I can't say that I have had much luck using this carbonic acid method, but
maybe my experience has been with AL-to-AL joints that have a different
cause for sticking.

Tod, KOTO