[TowerTalk] Re: balloons

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: balloons
From: corneliuspaul@gmx.net (corneliuspaul@gmx.net)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 21:15:53 +0100
the point about problems with (even light) wind is valid.
I have tried such an antenna 3 times and always had problems with the
wind bringing down the antenna. only use this kind of antenna
when the area is absolutely clear of trees, etc, so the thing
has enough room to "swing".
the idea with the thether line to pull the antenna straight according
to the actual wind direction sounds good to me.

good luck, 73 con df4sa

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----