[TowerTalk] Cushcraft WARC beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft WARC beam
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:20:54 -0600
I expect the 30M add-on would work very well by itself.
I have a D3W dipole side mounted at 65 ft on a 130 ft
tower and am pleased with it's performance.

'Optimum' spacing for a 2L reflector Yagi is 0.15 WL which
is 15 ft on 30M.  The A3WS boom is only 14 ft with the DE
close to center so the 30M add on would be very close,
lowering feed impedance and possibly gain.

Cushcraft has a truss support for the DE so you may
also want to do that for the reflector if you did make
such a change.

I have worked over 320 countries on 30M using various
dipoles from 65 to 130 ft.

Tom  N4KG