[TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ ARTIFICIAL GROUND
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:45:56 EST
In a message dated 11/14/01 7:22:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
aa0cy@VRINTER.NET writes:

<< nyone used this device, which sounds like an "antenna
 fooler" for the ground system?  Good?  Bad?  Indifferent?
 I've got a good 35' run to where the water line enters the
 basement...
 Thanks.
  73
 Bob AA0CY

 Yes it works.  It's a series circiut that alters the length of what ever
it's connected to, to a 1/4 wave (or 3/4 wave) that's a low Z path for RF.
I'd try hooking it to the wire to the ground, some other lengths and the goal
is "maximum RF cooling."  The internal meter measures max RF current just
before the terminal you connect a wire to your rig or whatever you want ot
cool.  K7GCO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----