[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor control box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor control box
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:19:55 -0500
Hi Folks,

A local friend brought over a Ham IV control box this past weekend.  He told
me it quit working, and wanted me to check it out for him.  I've never owned
a Ham IV, but luckily he brought the manual over with it.  I ran through the
test procedures outlined in the manual and everything seemed OK except for
one part.  The manual says checking resistance across terminals 1 and 2 [and
several others] should read 4 ohms.  My meter shows this as .4 ohms.  Now I
don't have any reason to doubt the accuracy of my meter, but this isn't much
resistance.  Does this sound like a problem?  Is this an indication of any
common failures?

All of the voltage checks the manual called for were correct.

Thanks for the help,
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla