[TowerTalk] Fw: Television Tower Topples Very Heavy Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Television Tower Topples Very Heavy Antennas
From: alex@sandlabs.com (alex)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:05:27 -0500
No need to get defensive Mr. Tower Tech :)

It is obvious that the death of the four crew members and the loss of
several million dollars caused by the collapse of the tower was due to the
phenomenon
known as "passing the buck". The Riggers were very explicit that they see
a "manufacturing" problem in the "design" of the tower, but the engineers
did not listen.

Typical for "ivory tower" engineers whose designs ignore the reality of the
world.

The financial loss of the engineers at the previous job can not be blamed on
the Riggers as they  HAVE the DUTY to inspect the installation after
completion, just to make sure that everything was done according to their
specs.

Don't they have a QA department ?

They did no do so, apparently, and the baskets were not installed correctly.
It is
their fault, of the tower engineers, that they did not follow up on the
workmanship of the crew.

The mishap happened because of lack of communication, fear of litigation and
mostly because of greed - helping the Riggers would cost the "Engineers"
time and money :(

Alex, N2NNU