[TowerTalk] W4ZW Antenna Project Follow-up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] W4ZW Antenna Project Follow-up
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:24:39 -0500
In designing a rotating mast, I need a wall mounted bearing in which the
mast can turn.  Anyone have any experience in using a wall mounted mast
bearing?

A 2.25" steel mast will be mounted in a HAM V rotor at the base and will
extend up about 9 feet along a reinforced concrete block elevator shaft
wall through the wall mounted bearing.   I plan on mounting  a small
tribander just 4-5 feet above the wall since the entire antenna will be
clear.  The elevator shaft is a stand alone structure that rises above
the 4th floor deck.

If I can't find a simpler alternative,  I will use a "L" piece of steel
or heavy aluminum drilled for a thrust bearing mounted into the concrete
just below the top of the shaft wall.

Any ideas?

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of Paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----