[TowerTalk] FVR Spitfire for 160/80/40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FVR Spitfire for 160/80/40
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:45:28 -0500
The FVR Spitfire Antenna for 160 meters was introduced to the world at
the Dayton HamVention in 2000. It is a 3 element vertical parasitic
array, which may be constructed in the same real estate required for a
single element vertical. How you might ask: The directors and reflectors
are half-wave, requiring no additional radials, and folded.

W1FV, the FV in the FVR, has now modeled sample lengths for an FVR
Spitfire for 160, 80 or 40.

To see those dimensions, go to
http://www.yccc.org/Features/Spitfire/spitfire.htm
and click on the "NEW" button for the dimensions for other bands.

Our most famous user, in our opinion, is RW2F, who does rather well on
160 with this antenna.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR                       hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421