[TowerTalk] Best wire (Was: Who makes Flexweave wire)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best wire (Was: Who makes Flexweave wire)
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:24:22 -0800
I have used Wireman's little teeny soft stranded jacketed stuff for portable
dipoles, etc. on vacation. It works great, is light, relatively strong and
nearly invisible, and easy to pack/roll up. I highly recommend it for those
purposes. Just the ticket for your K1 in the mountains. It's just the big
Flexweave stuff I've had problems with, and I guess I brought that on myself
by treating it like #12 Copperweld, which treatment it probably was never
designed to take. Next time I'll put up the copperweld. It's evil as hell to
handle but doesn't come down, either.
73 Jerry W5KP