[TowerTalk] need help with current type balun componets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] need help with current type balun componets
From: wa7fab@cdsnet.net (Van K7VS)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:19:59 -0800
Had a radio works B1-k4 current balun go belly up for no apparent reason.
Although it is supposed to be "potted" mine was not.  Made with standard PVC
pipe/fittings so cut apart.  Found a bad connection inside balun and
unfortunately in process of pulling apart lost part of the "coax" wound on a
ferrite rod (approx three -four inches long).

radio works would not sell me a short piece of the winding material but
maybe someone can help.  The material they used to wind up the core carried
the following info on the cable jacket.  It is called "comm/scope network"
their produce number is 2104K and is type CL2P shielded.  Commscope promised
they would send out three feet and never did.  Don't blame them.  Further:
it is about the same diameter as rg58 but slightly smaller, gray outer
shield   Tight silver colored shield and stranded silver colored center
conductor.  Abd gray outer covering.

Does anyone recognise this material?  Or know when I might get three feet so
I can rebuild the balun since rf works would not sell me any at all, any
length.  Thanks.  Van, K7VS

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----