[TowerTalk] Re: FB Measurements with 756 Pro S-meter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: FB Measurements with 756 Pro S-meter
From: tony_brock-fisher@hsgmed.com (BROCK-FISHER,TONY (A-hsgAndover,ex1))
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:53:39 -0700
The 756Pro S meter is typically only 18 dB from S0 to S9. This is as
measured by Greg Ordy, who has a really cool program which reads the S-meter
throught the radio's computer port. It can even do Antenna Plots! You can
see it and download it from:

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Software/SMeterLite.htm

Taking this into account, the difference between your S9+5 reading and an S1
is more like low 20's for F/B, a much more believable number. I would expect
this new antenna to have excellent F/B, in that it is optimized for actual
operating frequency, not just a single point in the band. Using the user
customizing feature, and given yours is a three element, it ought to be
possible to get really great F/B ratios, albeit at the expense of a tad
lower forward gain.

73 de Tony, K1KP

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----