[TowerTalk] Re: AL1500 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: AL1500 problem
From: gareth@capecod.net (gareth)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:27:23 -0500
José de Sá wrote:

> Hello Jari and friends,
> I have just done as you said and put in a ferrite
> in the relay line (4 turns).
> I still have the problem.

Several years ago I had the exact same problem with a AL-80B. Turned
out to be a physical warp (as in slight bend or mis-shape) on the
12vdc relay. It would stick! Cleaning the contact points made no
difference. The entire physical mechanism of the relay had to be
replaced. Since this was done I have had no problems for 8 years
except for a bad volt in a meter. Good luck

 Gary   N1MSV

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----