[TowerTalk] Shelf/Service life of RG213?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shelf/Service life of RG213?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:56:51 -0600
The best way to determine usability of a cable is to
measure it's loss into a 50 ohm dummy load.  Use
the same Wattmeter, moving it from the input side
to the output side.  Typical loss for 100 ft of RG213
at 28 MHz is 1.3 dB which translates to 74% of the
input power.

Tom  N4KG

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 Tom Anderson <ww5l@gte.net> writes:

> Fellow Tower talkers:
>
> Anyone know the approximate "service" life of RG213?  I recently
> found 100 feet
> in a box in a closet in our house that my XYL (WY5H) and I
> apparently had
> forgotten about after ordering 200 feet from Wireman in the mid
> 1990s and using
> just 100 feet of it.  Its never been in outside, etc. just long lost
> in a closet
> in the house.  Wondering if its still good for a few more years?
>
> Tom, WW5L
>

> AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading
> tables,
> foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at
> the
> AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!