[TowerTalk] Can of Worms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Can of Worms
From: x703jko@starpower.net (Jeffrey Okamitsu)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:29:39 -0500
Ok...I know this has been discussed before and I know I am opening a can
of worms by bringing it up again, but I'm going to do it anyway:

The foundation and anchors for my 140 foot R45 installation are in.  I
need to backfill the anchors now.

Question: Rohn specs call for tar (bitumen) on the part of the anchor
rods that are in the dirt.  However, I know hams who claim that the tar
does more damage than good.

So, please give me your opinion along with a brief (if that's possible)
explaination.

Thanks and 73

Jeff, KN2R

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----