[TowerTalk] Thermal Noise Levels

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thermal Noise Levels
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 08:28:32 -1000
Hi,

Need my memory jogged!  I believe I recall that
the kTB value,  at near room temperature,  and
in a 1 mHz bandwidth, the formula will calculate to be
-114 dBm of noise power -- is this correct? Or
close.  If so,  and the bw were narrowed to 1 kHz,
a 30 dB shrinkage,  the noise power would then
be -144 dBm.  These numbers seem about correct.
Appreciate a correction if I am not doing this right, hi.
Yes,  the correct units must be used,  degrees K,  but
I have no reference out here to the value of Boltzman's
constant,  B.

73,  Jim  KH7M

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----