[TowerTalk] SLOPERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SLOPERS
From: gjerning@flash.net (ARNE GJERNING)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:34:33 -0700
Mine works good, loads great. Feed point at 80ft. Wire length adjusted for
min SWR. Bottom is about 3ft off ground (I go under a power line). Direction
of sloper is bottom toward EU. Top loaded with CC 40M at 100ft and 5el 20
(52ft boom) at 88ft.

I have to agree it seems to be a great advantage to have top loading. DF2PY
was amazed to see my large 160 "array" when he visited me first time. One
night had 15minute SSB qso with Wolf on 160M. But his station is really
great, RX and TX. BTDT.

BTW, after being swept up in a village land grab, I can not put up any more
structures above 24 ft (damn zoning again). So am lucky to have this and one
31ft tower that are up and "grandfathered in".

73 de Arne N7KA
(only 106 worked on 160M but having fun)
No beverages or other rx ant