[TowerTalk] Antenna analyzer overload from BC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna analyzer overload from BC
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:47:51 -0500
Hi  Pete!

Unless I am mistaken, a change I put into the manual tells you
how to handle this.

To save time, here is what you do. Click over the the "Frequency
Counter" mode of the analyzer. Look at the SWR meter.

If you see any SWr deflection, there is RF or AC, or even DC
potential on the input connector of the 259B and it can not be
trusted.

There is a filter, MFJ-731, that will take care of all but severe cases.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com