[TowerTalk] Loss in Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loss in Connectors
From: ke5rs@cox-internet.com (John Benedict)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:28:14 -0600
Mike
Yes..  I agree with you... Exactly what I would expect. I have been enjoying
reading all these comments on losses in a connector.  No one seems to be
interested in the loss of the feed line.  The feed line is the main
contributor in signal loss.  I would except 1 foot of 9913 or even 7/8
Andrew to have more loss than any connector that we as amateurs use (BNC,
UHF PL259 or type N). dB Products uses ring lugs on their commercial UHF
folded dipole arrays and most of the time, antenna makers have you make this
huge 3 to 4 inch pigtail separation in the coax to connect a feed line to
the driven element of HF yagi's.  Obviously the antenna makers are not too
concerned with the big impedance spikes.  I have access to a few network
analyzers myself to play with.
:-)
73 John de KE5RS

Order online at http://store.eham.net.