[TowerTalk] av-18HT on 160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] av-18HT on 160
From: Arne Gjerning" <gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:49:46 -0700
I am in the process of changing my HyTower over to 80/75M only and just
happened to have the coil in the shack. It is an old AIR-DUX coil that is 4
turns per inch, 3 inches in diameter, wound with # 12 wire and is 10 inches
long. I installed a large rotary switch so I could easily change band/freq
but got tired of going out at 1am to the base of the vertical. Nearly all of
the coil is needed to get on 160M.  All but 5 turns used at 1800-1813, all
but 4 turns at 1813-1838, all but 3 turns used 1838-1863. My sloper on 160M
works better than the vertical.

Hope this info helps.

73 de Arne N7KA