[TowerTalk] Super high antennas on 10 to 20

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Super high antennas on 10 to 20
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:16:55 -0800
my biggest ten meter antenna is my lowest...

have 4L @ 140 ft
        4L  @  50 ft
        Tribander at 45 ft
and
        6L on 42 foot boom at 35 ft...

The 6L consistently has been kicking buttock...am anxious to try a two yagi
stack 4 elementers at mebbe 22 and 44 ft...still think this would be good
for another year or two....then...suddenly one day the 4L @ 140 ft will be
the only that works what there is to be worked on 10....

The high antenna will cover SO many takeoff angles you are "covered" no
matter what the freak propagation that is present that minute....

With the "steady" prop at the top of the cycle the low antennas are kicking
it.

K4OJ