[TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Towers
From: tmartin@chartermi.net (Tom Martin)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:34:36 -0600
I talked to one of the engineers that used to work for Heights when they
were in Michigan and he gave me a ton of suggestions to beef up the
older towers:  horizontal bracing added to each joint, and vertical
support on each leg at the joint similar to the Racine tower.  Also, he
didn't recommend any side support.  Have you noticed any aluminum
lighting stanchions at football stadiums with supports or guys?

Tom W8JWN

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----