[TowerTalk] Isotron

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isotron
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:50:46 -0500
> I was reading Feb. CQ Magazine and saw the article on the Isotron
> antennas.  Quoting: *--near-dipole performance--*.

Just when we thought the "don't believe everything you read in an
ad" thread was over!

To give real near-dipole field strength performance, it would have to
be at least 1/4 wavelength long unless they were VERY careful
with design and materials (which they are not).
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----