[TowerTalk] Cheap control cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cheap control cable
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:02:51 -0500
I notice that Digi-Key is selling CAT-3 network cable for $72/1000ft.  It
has 8 #24 conductors, which suggests that at least for my run (~200 ft.),
it can be used with TopTen relay boxes with minimal voltage drop (about
2/10 of a volt at 20 ma).  anyone had any experience with this outside?
The outside is grey pvc, and each conductor is fully insulated, also with PVC.

Anyone had relevant experience?  The price is sure right.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Order online at http://store.eham.net.