[TowerTalk] Beverage Termination

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage Termination
From: majrabsr@rconnect.com (Major Ron)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:43:21 -0000
I've had problems blowing the resistors due to local (not direct) lightning
strikes. While picking up the driveway one day I found a pencil that had
been run over. The wood had split, leaving a perfect graphite rod. A thought
occurred and I measured the resistance. Wound fine copper wire at each end
of the desired resistance and packaged several together in a weatherproof
package. They've been in service for over a year with no problems.

Ron, KA9ALC