[TowerTalk] Array windload calculation.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Array windload calculation.
From: wb9uwa@gte.net (WB9UWA Jim Shaffer)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:15:39 -0600
Hi All,

I am designing my next EME array and had some question about calculating
windloading.
The array will be primarily round tubing so I am applying a .66 correction
factor to
show the round tubing offering less wind resistance then a flat surface. The
problem I come
up with when calculating horizontal tubing is what to do about orientation
to the wind?
Obviously the windload will change depending on wind direction. What is the
proper
fudge factor here?

73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.

Order online at http://store.eham.net.