[TowerTalk] Beverage vs. 3 ele. Yagi?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage vs. 3 ele. Yagi?
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:15:24 -0800
For WPX in March, I am going to need to do very well working Japan on 40
meters.  I am located near San Francisco, and for transmit I will have a 3
element F12 yagi @ 75' looking down a 10 degree slope 2000' to the Pacific
Ocean.  Not bad by itself :-)

The question is, would it be worth it to put up a Beverage (or more likely 2
phased 225' Beverages) for receive?

I don't have a ton of time, so I don't want to put up the Beverages just to
try it out.  If I come to believe that it will hear significantly better
than the yagi, I will find the time to put it (them) up.

Your thoughts?

            ***dan, K6IF

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----