[TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical suggestion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical suggestion
From: ac7nj@yahoo.com (Randall Williamson)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:45:30 -0800
Raised verticals require tuned radials or a grid type ground ie a metal
roof or a screen with sufficient surface area to radiate a image of the
vertical element.
The power lines in the ally sounded like my installation I get a lot of
power line noise from them. (good luck)
I'm personally looking forward to getting my tower up and trying a
inverted "V" the ant. I have now is a Butternut HF6Vx.
I have a Timewave ANC-4 to help with the noise and it dose work but I'm
going to try the outside Ant. For it, I hope it will be more effective.

Randy
AC7NJ