[Towertalk] LXC observations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] LXC observations
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:57:56 EST
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Here are some notes from the field.

    Just saw TWO instances of antenna boom-to-mast plate failures. In both
instances (different stations in different states) the U-bolts were still on
the mast but the middle of the plate just tore right away (antenna fall down
and go boom). I've worked on almost 175 hams stations and I haven't run into
this before. And now two in the same week.

    US Towers is building a new manufacturing facility somewhere in the
MidWest. Their leadtime is currently running 12 weeks.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech