[Towertalk] short towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] short towers
From: Bob.Finger@DynCorp.com (Finger, Bob)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:14:19 -0500
I want to pass this on to the group.  Do listen to those who advocate
"short" towers as a necessity.  I sent the following to Tom N4KG.  Repeating
it here  may open some minds.  It sure did for me, which is why I thanked
Tom.  73 bob de w9ge

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:26:22 -0500 "Finger, Bob" <Bob.Finger@DynCorp.com>
writes:
> N4KG de W9GE
>
> Hi Tom:  Just a note to say thank you.  I appreciate your continued
> admonition on towertalk to have a low tri-bander.
>
> I've been inactive for many years and am now shopping for the
> retirement
> qth, where tower(s) and beams will again be growing on my little
> piece of
> ground. Going to land on Marylands Eastern Shore where it is very
> flat and
> never too far from water. As a dx'r and not a contester I have been
> thinking
> that higher is always better, and you guys that contest seriously
> have very
> different needs than I.  Well, last night I sat down with YT for
> several
> hours (for the first time I might add) and what a revelation that
> was.  YT
> analysis confirms what you have been saying all along!  Please keep
> preaching.  Some of us are just a bit slow to absorb the data.  I'll
> insure
> space for a short tower or short mount on the big one.  Downside is
> it also
> showed the deficiencies I am going to encounter with a 75 foot
> height limit.
> Guess we cannot have everything!  Thanks again and good dx.   73 bob
> de w9ge

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---