[Towertalk] forked radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] forked radials
From: eric@k3na.org (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:01:53 -0500
   I have done a NEC-4 study of forked radials vs conventional radials, using
different forking locations and numbers and lengths of
the radials (before and after the forking point).  The bottom line is that, for
a given amount of wire in the ground screen, the
forked radial system never matches the performance of a conventional radial
ground screen.

   The analysis was for buried radials.

   Other ground screen geometries were also analyzed as part of the study.  I'm
not quite finished with the work yet as I have one
more geometry to test and some different ground conditions to run.  When this
is done I hope to get the results published in an
article somewhere.

-- Eric K3NA