[Towertalk] XA Boom Failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] XA Boom Failure
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steven H Sawyers (na0ia))
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:28:51 -0600
We decided to refurbish the XA at our local club station and had cracks
starting from the mast clamp holes exactly as your picture shows. Ours was 1/4
inch thick.

We used the old one as a pattern and made a new one out of 3/8 aluminum plate.
No problems for 2 years, but it is one of those things that gets checked very
closely any time someone is up the tower.

de na0ia