[Towertalk] (no subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] (no subject)
From: sparks@apk.net (sparks@apk.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:50:44 -0500 (EST)
Greetings,

I'm considering a 96 ft self-supporting Trylon tower.  To maintain a
semi-peaceful relationship with my neighbors, I'm considering locating it in my
woods.  I have a small clearing in a good spot, and I'm willing to cut a few
more trees down if I need to.  Trees are 50-70ft, and all of my RF would be VHF
and above to 10GHz.

I've considered some of the annoyances of this such as difficulty of getting
concrete back there for the base, the need to erect w/o a crane, feedline
losses, etc, and I think I can overcome/tolerate them.

Has anyone ever put a tower in the woods?  Love it?  Regret it?  What am I not
thinking about?

Jeff - WB2RUZ