[Towertalk] Relay Summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Relay Summary
From: w9jcc@juno.com (Frank C Travanty)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:17:19 -0800
I have been using the Dow Key Series 71 (6 pos) and Series 72 (3 pos)
since the mid 60's as remote switches (one or the other of them has been
at the top of the tower since 1968), with no problems on receive. The
contacts are specified as"Fine Silver w/Gold plate". The contacts are ~
1/4 inch diameter, domed, and have a nice wiping action when actuated by
the ports individual solenoids. These were specified at 1 KW  RF to 200
Mhz and 750W to 500 Mhz. The catalog also mentions switching receiver
antennas as an application. To bad they have been discontinued for some
time. If you see one at a ham fest don't let it get away.

Frank W9JCC