[Towertalk] portable communications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] portable communications
From: thoele@txcyber.com (Troy Thoele)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:42:00 -0600
Greetings -

I'm in the wireless internet business, and I'm looking to build a portable
trailer for doing remote testing, surveys, etc.

Something similar to:

http://www.wireless-telecom.com/mtu.htm

I have a US tower crank up right now, and was thinking of moving it to a
trailer.  It's big and heavy though.

Anybody know of a good source for pneumatic masts, in the 30 to 50 foot
range?  Any suggestions or comments most welcome.

BTW - I do quite a bit of tower climbing, and I dont have a amateur radio
license, but I love this list.  Great source of info.  A company from out
of town had an incident a few weeks ago, where a man was riding the line
down, when his sling broke.  He had a decender, and was caught on the fall
line, but wound up dangling for about a half an hour untill they could re-
rig to get him down.  I caught the article on the older gentleman who had
to be rescued from his tower... safety has been a pretty interesting topic
around our shop lately (I'm the only one who climbs though.)

Thanks guys...

Troy