[Towertalk] 40 meter antenna results

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter antenna results
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:33:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/02 11:03:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, w6ru@bak.rr.com
writes:

> Have you used a DX Engineering 3 ele 40 ?

    No, I haven't. But I have worked on over 175 ham installations and have
talked to probably hundreds of antenna owners about their experiences. I have
also read virtually all of the posts on TowerTalk since I started it 6 or so
years ago so I consider myself reasonably well informed.

>  I do not agree .... mine plays VERY well ..... I have run many comparisons
>  ... some to dipoles and some to KLM. They have shown that the antenna does
>  what it should next to a dipole and shows how poor the shorty 40's play.

    Please share the data of your comparisons so that we'll all know. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH