[Towertalk] Equipment enclosures

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Equipment enclosures
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:25:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/02 9:16:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ka5nez@clarc.org
writes:

> I am in the market for an equipment enclosure.  I'm interested
>  in one of the Rohn concrete  or steel structures.  I'm sure they are
>  expensive. Just how expensive are they?   Can you find one used
>  or at auction?

    I don't have a price on them but the cost of getting to and installed on
your site (requires a crane) would be more than you're probably willing to
pay.

    What do you want to use it for? How much space do you need? A friend of
mine who's a ham and commercial site owner buys used shipping containers (I
know you can get them in lots of places) and outfits them on his own with
HVAC, wiring, etc. They're relatively cheap and they're 100% secure.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH