[Towertalk] falling from my tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] falling from my tower
From: k7fl@arrl.net (K7FL)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:55:29 -0700
There's a saying in mountain climbing (and other areas too) that it's the
"little stuff that will kill you". I lost a friend on a climb several years
ago when he tripped over his loose boot lace and fell off the mountain. I
suspect he knew the lace was loose, but didn't foresee the worst case
outcome of ignoring the problem. The same thing happened on Everest a few
years ago where an experienced climber lost her balance while she was off
the carbineer.  Obviously, the same logic applies to tower work regardless
of how experienced one is. Accidents happen. The key is to take your time,
use your head, and consider the potential effect of anything that seems non
standard or out of the ordinary.

I'm glad K7PUC shared his story and has lived to make more Q's.

Dennis, K7FL
Battle Ground, WA

=========