[Towertalk] Yaesu or M2 rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yaesu or M2 rotor
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:14:50 -0700
Hi Bruce: I own 2 OR2800P/A and one G1000SDX rotators. I like the
circular readout on the Yaesu and after some early trouble with the
control box it has been reliable. The M2 jobs have been flawless and are
much more rugged rotators. The mast clamp, in particular, is a brute
made of steel while the Yaesu is cast aluminum and easily broken in
tightening. You can buy the M2 for a lot less than the price you quoted
from Texas Towers unless there has been a giant price increase in the
last few months. The M2 people are extremely helpful if you have a
problem or questions.
73, Dan, N5AR