[Towertalk] Tower Manufacturer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower Manufacturer
From: packet@mindspring.com (Dave Durkovic)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:49:48 -0400
Greetings all - I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and now have a
question.
I've just become the proud (well maybe) owner of a 100 foot triangular self
supporting tower. It looks to be about 15-20 years old (some surface rust),
but in fairly good shape. What I'm wondering is, who the heck made this
thing? It arrived in 20 foot sections, and the legs are solid steel with
welded angle bracing between the legs. The sections join with a 4 bolt pad
on each leg. The bottom section's face begins at approx. 2.5' per face, and
tapers to approx. 2 feet at the top. The remaining sections taper at about
the same ratio with the exception of the top section which is approx. 14
inches per face w/o taper. Might anyone have a clue as to this beast's
origin?

73's
de Dave - N3BKD