[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs
From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:32:06 -0600
>Don's suggestion should eliminate or confirm a guy wire problem.  Make sure
>your feedline is good.

Oh - I should have mentioned that the feedline tests okay and the swr on 10m
is right on F-12 spec. There is a 20-15m interaction that I have not been
able to work around and Natan suspects the guys. I suffered with it all
winter and worked around it with my antenna tuner. Luckily the F/B, etc did
not seem to be affected.

Guy, K2AV, made a wonderful suggestion to make some preliminary tests by
insulating the guys connections to the tower with some  rubber hose. This
would allow me to test the guy wire resonance theory before I make an
investment in insulators, Phillystran etc.

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx