[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: wa3gin@erols.com (wa3gin@erols.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:55:20 +0000 (GMT)
Here is a message for you from http://web2mail.com
The easy way to read and send POP email on the web

Fellas, Let Technology solve this problem.

Why bother with all the ill feelings, RFI, politics, etc.  There are enough big
radio clubs around the Country to lease space on farm land, install great
antennas in "quiet" locations where the noise level is ZERO rather than S'9'
(like in most urban areas).

Using an internet remote station such as W7DXX or W4MQ would be a fantasic
solution for those hams the can't afford the 40 acres, don't want to cut grass,
don't want to maintain a stand alone house or are just to old to maintain an
antenna farm...

The technology is there...no need to keep beating a dead horse...

I live in a townhouse which is pre-wired for everything imaginable and all of
it jumps up and down with as little as 50 watts on 40m into a ham stick on the
roof.  Why bother with it.  Now I run 1KW, got big antennas, great listening in
a quiet location and all it takes is an internet connection better then
14.4kbps.

Have Fun,
dave
wa3gin
Virginia's First Completely Internet Remote Amateur Rradio station